Am I Weird?
Three months in age 17, things are not going well.
There's an incredibly stark difference between ones perception on a 16 year old and a 17 year old. At 16, it was like the goldilocks of being a teen, you get to be treated like an adult, be respected like a minor. But 17? What an excuse to be a teen; you ought to be an adult by now! It's just a bummer that I have to let go of the teenager side of me being too comfortable around people and start living as an adult, setting clearer boundaries against people, and most of all, knowing my limits.
I wish I'm forever stuck as a child, but at the same time would hate to be cursed in the same age. I guess as we age, we really are required to let things go.
Rest now my child, you have done your part in my life. Thank you for all the wonderful memories, all I see of vibrant, vivid colors. May you rest within me and be there for me as this vessel lives on with you within my heart.
Comments
Post a Comment